Tags: Bucharest, Certification, ecobiblioteca, Energy Efficiency in Buildings, Green Building Council, Green Building Projects, green buildings, green renovation, meeting, news from members, RoGBC, Romania Green Building Council, sustainability, sustainable architecture, Sustainable Construction
In the last meeting that took place in late February at RoGBC headquarters, it was establish what needs to be done to finalize the MEP project for the ecoBiblioteca project according to the new changes in the RoGBC design team.
As you know from previous posts, the ecoBiblioteca project will implement, for the first time in Romania (and in Europe) the Living Building Challenge ecological certification, which is the most accurate system for ecological building certification existing in the world. To be eligible for certification, Living Building Challenge requires that the building should be, between others prerequisites, a zero energy building – that means a very high performance envelope of the building and most energy efficient MEP systems and equipments.
According to the technical MEP project, designed by CUNDALL, the RoGBC member JETRUN, provided on the ecoBiblioteca project high performance equipment for heating system and for ventilation system, respecting Living Building Challenge requirements:
– the heating generation design system will be provided by VITASTAL, using a heating pump with borehole soil to water collection. Also, Vitastal will provide expertise in Net Zero Energy prerogative requested by Living Building Challenge certification.
– the distribution of the heating agent and the ventilation ducts will be provided by Thermaflex with duct that respect Living Building Challenge material prerogative.
– The heating system will be with CLINA radiant surfaces at low temperatures (max 30 C) through the ceiling. The design, consultancy and material would be provided by PROMAX Engineering – CLINA Romanian representatives.
– The lighting system design by B-lighting and the fixtures are be provided by our partners OSRAM.
The coordination of mechanical and electrical installation, as well as the implementation on site would be provided by our recent member DAS ENGINEERING GRUP, through its representative dipl eng Alexandra Stoica.
The European platform for green building practitioners
A project strongly supported by Europe to develop a green economy
Construction 21 is a social media tool and platform specifically designed to drive ambitious, trans formative improvement in how we design, build, and operate our buildings; linked also. This specialized platform is supported by Europe’s most influential Green Building Councils, trade associations and leading academic institutions. Available to the public since March 2012, Construction21 will be officially presented to international press and professionals in Consense, 19-20th of June – Stuttgart.
Buildings have typically been a conservative industry seeing only incremental changes in past decades. The recognition of resource constraints and the understanding of the significant impact our buildings have on our environment has been driving significant change in the building industry.
Achieve European objectives for energy efficiency and CO2 emissions supposes a complete change in building practices. Construction21 is born to help practitioners to develop a new way of building in the whole Europe.
Construction21’s heart is a database for:
- case studies presenting the most innovative projects through Europe
- products and innovative services that have been used within these performant buildings
- news – events agenda and information flow on green building issues, coming from partner websites and the whole Construction21 community
Construction21 members have the possibility to
- Publish news about their sustainable initiatives
- Comment on published articles
- Participate within thematic communities
- Publish case studies and make their innovations known at an international scale
- Share researches and experiences within their own community
- Be up to date with the latest industry news
- Promote their company with a direct link to their website
A national and international information system
Construction21 has created the first multi-specialist and multi-lingual network on sustainable building in Europe.
- Six national platforms in 2012 : France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Lithuania and Romania
- The 27 European countries within 5 years
- Construction 21 is a free and open platform , linked to BUILD‐UP, the European portal for energy efficiency in buildings, best content showing in both platforms as well as on all other Construction21 platforms assuring them an European audience
Construction21, a clear benefit for everyone
- contractors, builders,
- asset / facility managers,
- legal professionals,
- Energy auditors,
- rating tool and product verifiers,
- researchers, trainers,teachers,
- government officials…
Nobody masters all the topics involved in sustainable building. To improve their practices, specialists of each field share researches and experiences within their own community, managed by an expert of the sector. Air tightness, energy performance management, life cycle analysis, sustainable urbanism… Construction21 covers all the fields, technical as general or managerial ones. More over, communities can lead “real life” events as fairs, conferences or visits, or give them more visibility.
Construction21 is developed in co-ownership by leading institutions in each country, to ensure strong roots in their respective building sectors : Green Building Councils in Germany and Romania, Chambers of commerce and Building trade associations in Italy, French, German and Spanish expert organisations and School of Architecture in Lithuania.
On sustainable building, practitioners need high quality and seamless information There’s so many topics to deal with and valuable information is so scarce. That’s why national and leader experts organizations are called to join forces, in order to make this sustainable building resources center a reality. That’s why they will share the Construction21 governance and ownership.
Organizations from the six founder countries, France, Italy, Germany, Lithuania, Romania and Spain, have joined in a Consortium to create Construction21, Romania Green Building Council (RoGBC) being the platform’s Romanian Partner.
More details about Construction 21 here www.construction21.eu/romania, Details about Consense here http://www.construction21.eu/romania/articles/ro/lansarea-oficial-la-nivel-internaional-a-platformei-construction21-in-cadrul-targului-consense-la-stuttgart-pe-19-iunie-2012.html .
Protected: Meeting notes – Romania Green Building Council – Founding Members General Meeting 03.12.2008December 8, 2008 at 2:16 pm | Posted in Meeting Notes | Enter your password to view comments.
Protected: Meeting notes – Romania Green Building Council – Founding Members General Meeting 06.11.2008November 7, 2008 at 2:35 pm | Posted in Meeting Notes | Enter your password to view comments.
Tags: Events, Launch Event, Legis, renewable energy
Protected: Meeting notes – Romania Green Building Council – Founding Members General Meeting 10.09.2008September 12, 2008 at 6:49 pm | Posted in Meeting Notes | Enter your password to view comments.
Protected: Meeting notes – Romania Green Building Council – Founding Members General Meeting 31.07.08August 5, 2008 at 2:50 pm | Posted in Meeting Notes | Enter your password to view comments.
Tags: Founding Members to date, meeting