Tags: Events, green awards, Green Building, winners
Romania Green Building Council announced it’s green building winners last week within the “Romania Green Building Council Awards”, held on May 19 at Athenee Palace Hilton.
Green Building Education Initiative of the Year – Solar Decathlon – PRISPA team
Green Service Provider of the Year – CUNDALL ENGINEERING
Sustainable Company of the Year – CUNDALL ENGINEERING
Green Building Project of the Year – Swan Office & Technology Park
Congratulations to the winners and many thanks to this year’s distinguished jury members:
- Arh. Serban Tiganas – President Romanian Order of Architects, Principal Dico & Tiganas
- Prof Dorin Beu Ph.D- Technical University Cluj-Napoca
- Bogdan Draganescu Ph.D – Smart & Pepper Consulting, Founding Vice-President RoGBC
- Mr. Gabriel Hyde, Country Director, ARUP Engineering; Director, RoGBC
- Prof. Emilia Cerna Mladin Ph. D., Applied Thermodynamics Chair and UNESCO Chair of Engineering Sciences; Polytechnic University – Bucharest
- Mr. Robbie Callow, Principal Engineer, WSP Romania
- Ms. Ramona Tepelea, Managing Director, F&R Worldwide
- Mrs. Corina Truica, Managing Partner, CEMS Technologies
- Arh. Vlad Gavronschi, Principal at Andreescu & Gavronschi
- Mr. Perry Zizzi, Partner, Badea Clifford Chance
The nominations were open to all companies doing business in Romania and projects completed by December 31, 2010. We look forward to many more green building success stories in the years ahead!
Tags: board of directors, election
The New Board of Directors elected for 2011 – 2012 was announced on Wednesday, on May 20th, in the General Assembly of Members, based on the results of the votes you expressed in the past month. We are pleased to announce that the new members of the Board are (in alphabetical order):
1. Steven Borncamp – SOPOLEC – 57 votes
2. Alina Cristinea – HOLCIM ROMANIA – 23 votes
3. Bogdan Draganescu – SMART & PEPPER CONSULTING – 24 votes
4. Gabriel Hyde – ARUP ENGINEERING – 28 votes
5. Dragos Riti – ERSTE GROUP IMMORENT – 23 votes
58 ballots from member companies were received.
Congratulations to the new Board Members and thank you all for expressing your votes.
Additional thanks to Luiza Manolea for volunteering to chair the election commitee.
The General Annual Meeting included also a presentation and evaluation of the activities on the past year.